Cotswold Pony Club Rallies
Rallies are the mainstay of the Pony Club. They offer tuition in small groups with qualified instructors. These take place usually in the Cotswold area at various venues. A Programme is emailed out before each holiday and half term, listing the programme of rallies to be held. These are then booked directly on line (or as otherwise directed on the Programme). PLEASE make sure you book by the stated date.
Rallies may be a general one or for a specific discipline ie dressage. There are also unmounted stable management rallies as well as fun days for the younger members. There is usually a guide line as to the ability needed for a particular rally. Ages are guidelines only, sometimes ability and experience is more relevant.
The CHPC subsidises the cost of rallies. The cost depends upon the charge for the venue and the different instructors fees.
To qualify for Area Teams you must attend at least 3 general rallies as well as some team training. To qualify for the summer Camp you must attend three rallies of which two must be Pre Camp ones as well as one stable management rally, in the 12 months before camp. Those with their C+ test don’t need to have attended stable management.
- Remember Rallies are organised by VOUNTEERS so please be polite and thoughtful, and make yourself know when you arrive.
- You should wear light coloured jodhpurs, a shirt and Pony Club tie with a CHPC sweatshirt or rugby shirt,and a correctly Tagged Hat. In wet weather a waterproof coat (no hood) over the normal rally clothes is fine. All hats must be checked for standard and then given a tag.
- Black/brown jodhpur boots with a heel (with or without half chaps) or riding boots. Gloves are advisable. Long hair MUST be tied up neatly above your collar and in a hair net.
- If you can’t attend a rally/training that you have booked for, please inform the organiser as soon as possible.
- Please DO NOT be late for rallies, it is very disruptive for the rest of the group.
- If you have any queries do not hesitate to contact one of the committee.